We have a wordpress website with a list of our stores around the country. Also we have a diferent page for every state and city, showing stores from the current state/city.
[login to view URL] (One of our store´s page)
[login to view URL] (Shows stores at state H)
[login to view URL] (Show stores at city K that belongs state H)
We need a search field at homepage that use Google Maps/Places API and find the closest city that has a store. Also this field should give suggestions of places while user type.
- If customer search for a city that has a store, show this city page.
- If customer search for a city that hasn´t a store, we need to show the page of closest city that has a store.
In the city page we already have a list of stores. We need to show a Map with a single marker for each store, and any kind of interaction, like when customer click at marker, show data about this store, something like that.
All our stores have latitude and longitude information, if needed.
- Create search field that use google´s api, showing suggestions while customer type and search the closest city that has a store;
- Create a map at results page (state/city page) that show a single marker for each store and allow customer to click at marker to see more information about this store.
We also accept ideas and suggestions about alternatives, etc.
* We still working at URL structure, and may need some rewrite rules. Will be a differential.
Everything should be done inside child theme, keep our main theme clean.
We will use bitbucket to send and receive the job.