To be successful in this role, you must be a problem solver who can analyse existing code and requirements to develop a deeper understanding of how to design and implement technical solutions accordingly.
* 3+ years experience with front end development using Bootstrap and JQUERY
* At least 1 year experience with PHP (PHP 5.3 / PHP 5.6) web development using Yii framework (minimum Yii 1.16)
* We use Memcache, MySQL, NGINX and Apache
* Knowledge of solr is highly desirable
* Basic knowledge of Linux CentOS server is highly desirable to help with ongoing maintenance
* Excellent problem solving and analytics skills - people are more likely to turn to you for answers than the reverse.
* Positive attitude, enthusiastic
* Reliable and responsible; able and willing to commit to estimates and timeframes, with a track record of meeting those commitments.
* Good communicator - open with us about challenges faced during development, and willingness to engage us to find workarounds, or seek advice from others
* Able to produce quality code within allocated time. Testing of your own code for errors before committing to Git or telling us something is done.
* Use best practices like Git, project management tools, and constant documentation of code
* Quick turnaround to requests, e-mail communications
* You will not outsource this task or other tasks to other individuals or groups without our express prior permission
* You will be required to sign an NDA
* Please include G'day at the top of your application so that we know you have read these list of requirements before applying
* Developers who are based in Australia highly desirable
In your response, please answer the following questions (compulsory) to help us with the selection process:
1. Provide link to at least 2 major websites which you worked on previously using Yii framework, and for each website, explain the challenges you faced and how you solved them.
2. Provide at least 1 example of where you have implemented social media integration such as single sign-on and sharing across the network using social media APIs. For each example, describe the challenges you faced and how you solved them.