*** URGENTLY LOOKING FOR A VERY EXPERIENCED GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND ART DIRECTOR***
I'm looking for a very experienced graphic designer and art director that can become a long-term partner for my work with my board game FOG OF LOVE.
I need help with some super urgent stuff for my second print run and also look for more long-term collaboration:
*** Super urgent work (update of our files, preferably this week and no later than next)***
- Make 3 new silhouette images to use. Need to be in the same style as current images (photos are taken, and clipping path made. Might need polish and need texture).
- Finalise 3 box covers for expansions (art and text are done, most design is done, but need to be finalised).
- Replace 2 silhouettes on box, 1 on booster pack and 2 on card board dividers (most art is done, some will be made as part of task above).
- Ensure that all files are prepared well for printer (design is made in InDesign, with art in Photoshop and Illustrator). We have complex files and have previously exported them using PDF/X4 (as we have 5 colours, some places using CMYK transparency on top of a percentage of a SPOT colour).
- Make another small update that is still secret.
*** Work on the rather short term ***
- If possible go to China to do quality control for the print run (July 28-30). We're doing a huge print run and want the print to be perfect (colours, alignment, etc).
- Make a translated version of Fog of Love, with print files finalised early August.
*** Long term work ***
- Make more translated versions of Fog of Love and expansions. That means updating all current material with translated text. There is likely to be more than 10 versions to be done within the next year.
- Graphic design of new expansions (2018-2019)
- Graphic design for sequel to Fog of Love (2019-2020)
- Creation of art to use, in same style as current art (silhouettes). We have plenty of original photos to use, but it might eventually be necessary to lead a new photoshoot. (2018-2019)
- Re-design of website (2018)
- Design of marketing material (in-store material, digital ads, convention material, physical banners) (2018-2019)
- Design of yet secret stuff (2018-)
*** Requirements ***
- Graphic design skills on highest level. Ultimately, we want to be able to exhibit our game at MoMa :-)
- Strong art direction skills. Ability to work with a team and lead the creative vision.
- Very strong sense of style that is relevant for non-geeky audiences (men and women alike).
- Very high ability to collaborate creatively with the team. We're team players and don't want prima donnas on our team. You should be good at receiving and giving feedback and brainstorming together with us.
- Strong skills in designing for both print and digital.
- Strong experience in managing physical print (handling complex processes with many files. Inspecting physical production and ensuring quality control).
- High level of experience in doing ads and marketing.
- Good ability to participate in distance collaboration, as our team is distributed in 2 locations. That means relevant tech skills and routines.
- Ability to work with my team who are placed in Copenhagen and London. So preferably somebody in a time zone that aligns well with us.
- It's a strong bonus if you have experience with board games but is not a 100% necessity.
I might be ok with splitting the super urgent and more long-term tasks up but prefer to have one partner to work with if that is possible.