I am in the process of founding a toy and game company, and am in need of 2 logos - 1 logo with a tagline, and one without.
Most likely this is a character logo... one that evokes emotions related to progress, fun, and play. It may be an abstract of a character.
Ideally, the concept is something that one could find on toy packaging, as well as on a bottle of beer. For example, Dora The Explorer or Blue's Clues are too childish, and Witches Rock Pal Ale is too adult.
The successful partner will develop several rough, rough napkin sketches which we would dialogue about and drive toward a logo to execute. The logo would then be drafted, revised, and finalized. Delivery of the associated color palette would accompany the logo.
Based upon satisfaction of the experience, there may then be opportunities for additional design including game and packaging components, web site elements, sell sheets, and other marketing materials.
Here are some key considerations:
1) No Stock Elements. Original elements only.
2) Rough, rough sketches will be provided during ideation. There is no theoretical limit to the number of concepts, although it will be reasonable. In the event that no agreement is reached on a concept to execute, only the 1st milestone will be paid and the project will end.
3) Various file formats (standard) will be required.
4) Color palette will be delivered at end of project. (Adobe Illustrator)
5) Two logos will be delivered - one with a tagline, and one without.
Milestones will be:
1) Ideation - Rough Sketches - Initial Batch Received (5%)
2) Ideation - Concept Selection (8%)
3) Draft - Initial Draft Logo w/o Tag line (25%)
4) Draft - Initial Draft Logo w/ Tag line (7%)
5) Semi-Final - Logo w/o Tag line (10%)
6) Semi-Final - Logo w/ Tag line (5%)
7) Delivery - Logo w/ Tag line, Logo w/o Tag line, Color Palette (40%)