Acme Graphics are looking for a Studio Manager to run a small Graphic Design company in Teddington, Middlesex.
We work in the film and television industry designing and making graphic props for art departments. Creating anything from packaging, posters, signs, newspapers, magazines, period items, logos, illustration and set visuals, cut vinyl, interactive web sites, cartoons and animation.
The design, print and mock-ups are mainly handled in-house, with some larger print jobs outsourced to local sign makers and printers.
The timescales and deadlines tend to be very tight so the ideal candidate will need to be able to work effectively under pressure.
Main duties will include:
• Answering and dealing with phone and email enquiries.
• Project managing jobs as they come in, creating quotes for design and print, allocating work and ensuring deadlines are met.
• Occasionally liaising with outside printers, obtaining quotes and placing the work.
• Liaising with clients and couriers to organise deliveries
• Managing creative staff (1 to 3 max) to ensure efficient and productive work environment.
• Ordering materials and supplies by phone and online.
• Creating and processing invoices
• Collating all expenses and receipts
• Entering invoice and expenses data into accounting software
• Must be very flexible, lending a hand as and where needed in all
aspects of the design and print production.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator an advantage
You must be a confident communicator, highly organised and an excellent multi-tasker. Candidates applying for the position must have 4 to 5 years previous experience managing a small creative studio, or as an assistant manager in a larger creative studio.
If you meet all of the requirements outlined above, please apply to Nick Hellman with your CV and application letter outlining your suitability for the role, past experience and qualifications.