Welcome to our humble job post. To start off, we place a high value on Time: ours and yours. Time is not only "money", it's the universal currency of life, across all cultures. In order to save everyone Time on interviews and email exchanges, we've very clearly laid out the details of our job opportunity here. Please invest a few minutes to read over carefully before deciding to apply. If the job sounds like it's a good fit, and you're qualified, let's discuss how we can help each other to succeed.
Job location: Remote, no location restrictions
Job duration: Long-term, open-ended
Contract type: Freelance contractor
Daily hours: 4-8 hours per day (estimate)
Daily working schedule requirement: Flex-time, no set schedule
Working days: Mon-Fri routine task availability. Saturday availability for urgent projects, only as necessary
Start date: Must be available to start now
Communication requirements: Must stay logged in to company's online collaboration tools while working
Position name: English Language Content Editor
• You will be checking the content before it is uploaded to Wordpress, performing a standard list of checks to ensure quality
• Content consists of articles, quizzes and listicles in English language
• The content level is, on average, at the 10th grade level, for consumption by the general public
• Some re-writing will be required in case the author's work is below our agreed technical level
• We are seeking a cost-effective editor who can deliver accuracy and stable quality
• You will be expected to work efficiently to meet benchmarks for delivery of work, and fill out daily & weekly reports
Required Training, Skills & Experience:
• Total fluency in English language. You do not have to be a native-speaker, but we need 100% fluency
• Proficiency in editing & proofreading, 1+ year of experience
• 1+ year of Freelance experience
• Sharp "eagle eye" for details and error-finding
Extra points for candidates who:
• Have experience using Project Management tools such as Asana, Basecamp, Trello etc.
• Have experience using Google Drive / Google Docs
• Are native English speakers
• Stable, high-speed internet connection. You will need to be able to make/receive VOIP calls for meetings or discussion.
• Reliable Laptop, PC or Mac
• Reliable & fully functioning brain
Requirements for all Team members:
1. Language Skills: Basic skills in written and spoken English
2. Attitude: A positive, can-do, "how can I help" professional outlook
3. Planning: Comfortable with deadlines for task completion; plans workload to avoid last-minute rushing to meet deadlines
4. Quality: Take pride in delivering top quality, not average
5. Teamwork: Can work, communicate and thrive in a Team environment
6. Non-disclosure: Willing to sign a routine NDA to protect our Intellectual Property
About our Company:
• We are building a distributed Team of online media professionals, working across the European and Asia-Pacific regions
• HQ located in Dubai, convenient to work with the time zones from Europe to East Asia
• Young startup company offering opportunities for advancement for exceptional Team members
About our hiring & working environment:
• Professionalism, mutual respect and Teamwork is expected from all Team members
• We hire, evaluate and retain Team members based on the value they can bring to our organization
If you think you're the right candidate, here is how to apply:
• Provide links to any profiles you'd like to include - LinkedIn, other freelance sites you work on, online portfolio, etc.
• Attach your current CV/Resume, if it's not already on Upwork
• How are you a good fit for our position? Share your thoughts with us.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our opportunity. We wish you good luck to be selected as part of our growing Team!
41 freelancers están ofertando el promedio de $15/hora para este trabajo
I have excellent editing skills and I am confident that I will do a great job. In case you have any questions, feel free to contact me. All the best, Oana