We are looking for an end-to-end provider to help us design, prototype, manufacture, and procure manufacturing of a Custom MANET product. The awarded freelancer will be able to take us through all of the stages of this deployment.
Along with the new product design, we are looking for an ongoing support relationship for maintenance and new features over time.
We are considering TI's CC3200+ chipset family and SDK as a basis. Experience with this chipset in prior work is critical as these units will be client deployed without a service agreement.
Since the use case is very specific, please open a discussion with us if you have any questions.
In your proposal, please itemize Milestones as follows:
1. Initial Prototype Design (conceptual, design schematics & parts list)
2. Prototype Development (hardware + software). This includes a mobile device software solution that can detect the MANET and auto connect when in range on a soft application protocol
3. Manufacturing Ready-to-Order Documentation, Product usage profile, Energy consumption, Environment requirements, etc. [What goes on the box]
4. Product development sourcing (at least 3) with the following Order Sizes: 250 units, 1000 units, 5000 units. Delivery lead times, availability and overall capacity.
5. Maintenance Retainer & SLA
*** Important: This project will begin no sooner than April 1, 2015 and will be extended until we find the ideal candidate/firm ***
.: REPOST - Additional Information :.
A good example of the end result is the following use cases:
1. A User downloads our software on their mobile device (profile is handled by our existing site infrastructure, but the mobile app for this purpose is part of the project)
2. The app runs on a background thread/service
3. When the app is in range of a hardware broadcasting unit, the software establishes a connection with the MANET and gets the data being broadcast. The software may or may not alerts the user
4. Any user action at this point is in direct communication with a web end point, not to the local broadcast unit.
1. The device is turned on and establishes a Mobile Ad Hoc Wireless Netwrok (MANET) that is detectable by the software to be developed
2. A mobile device establishes a connection with the MANET
3. The device then sends the unit a set of data it either has stored on the unit, or in the case of available internet access, retrieves data from an web endpoint and sends that data to the connected device
4. Once the data is sent, the connection to that device is terminated
Regarding the data, just think of it as an RSS feed or a RESTful endpoint.
What is needed:
1. Hardware MANET Device
2. Hardware Configuration Interface
3. Mobile App