CSV Manipulation Utility Every week I make some reports using input databases which I get in CSV files. The databases have different structures. All database contain a few mandatory fields. We can call these fixed fields. These are available in all databases and have the same field-name in all databases. Each database has some other fields. We will call these variable fields. These fields are not the same number in all databases. Some have 3 and some have 10 of these fields. The purpose of the utility is to combine all the databases into one. For each record in the original database, n records will be created in the final database. Where n is the number of variable fields. The combined database will have the structure: Fixed field1, Fixedfield2, Fixedfield3,... Fixedfieldn, VariableFieldName, VariableField Value FieldName - Name of the variable field. Fieldvalue - Value of the variable field in the database for that record The records in the final database will be created in the followin manner: Take the first record in the first input database. Take all common fields, then the first varibale field's name, and the first variable field's value in the database. Create the first record. Take the first record in the first input database. Take all common fields. Take the second variable field's name and the value. Create the second record. Repeat till all variable fields for first records are over. Repeat process for second record.... Repeat process for second database .... See attached CSV files to understand what I want. The user interface should allow me to select the CSV files one by one, mark the common fields and save the configuration if I want to use it again. Then I run the application to create the combined database. There should be an option to copy the combined database to the Clipboard in CSV format and Tab Separated format. Notes for VBA coders: Please see attached file.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Oct 5, 2005 5:33:16 PM:
My apologies to all of you who tried to make sense out of the CSV files. I seem to have messed up the CSV files.
Please review the newly uploaded file.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Wednesday Oct 12, 2005 3:55:11 PM:
Thanks all of you for posting your bid. I found several bids to my linking.
This was supposed to be a quick project. However, something new has turned up.
My client who was the receiving my reports has come up with some change requests. So, I am assessing the implications of the requests before awarding this project.
Thank you all.
Must work on all Windows platforms from Win 98 onwards.