We have a software product that photographers use to manage their business online. There has been great demand for a module to upload photos and allow customers to purchase them. I will provide a demo of our system and the image control features we have placed into our software.
The problem is that we needed a dedicated server to handle the new module, which we need written in PHP. That server has been purchased and may, if necessary, be used for development as well.
Since this is an external module, most of the control of it will be done by mySQL commands via myODBC.
Here's what I need:
1. Each photographer company can be remotely created by a mySQL statement -- I prefer a pure SQL solution if possible (to create the tables, etc.)
2. Create a homepage that will automatically take the prospective buyer to their gallery & options to password-protect an individual gallery.
3. Each photographer can create their own list of packages and products for sale -- i.e. 5x7 photo, 8x10 photo, coffee cup, etc. We already have the ability to create this in our product, so a simple MySQL command would be used to sync the information.
4. Payment can be done through Paypal, Bluepay, or a secure page containing all info necessary for the photographer to run the card through their own machine.
5. Each user can select their own background and colors (again via SQL).
This could be a big project with LOTS of enhancements as time goes on, so the winning bidder could make a lot of money over the next year or more!!
Shown below are some of the "commercial" applications that provide similar functionality:
<[url removed, login to view]>
[url removed, login to view]
<[url removed, login to view]> <-- best example
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Tuesday Jan 31, 2006 10:03:33 AM:
I am re-opening this bid as it has been difficult to communicate with those who have already bid.
This is a project we needed to have been completed already and I'm ready to give it to the first company who can prove they can communicate in a timely fashion and who has had some experience with photo galleries, shopping carts, and mySQL.
The application must be written in PHP/MYSQL as the original application has already done so. It will run on a dedicated Linux RHE 3 server.
Because a product we already wrote will control most aspects of the gallery, we'll need the SQL statements to do so. We cannot directly call PHP, but we could use XML/RPC when necessary.
At a minimum, we'll need sql statements to perform the following actions:
1. create the photographer company by sql (if it doesn't already exist) -- we already have unique names for them.
2. create individual albums using SQL -- the photographer may upload, etc. through the other interface if necessary for the time being.
3. Permit password protection and we can set that on a per album and per event basis -- our system already holds these passwords -- or at least create a unique event number.