We have an app we've developed (Mobile Commerce Application - Works with Magento backend). We need help with the photo module of this application. The application is written on the Android platform and the photo module needs to be able to do the following:
1) Be written as a "black box" module to the application.
2) Instantiates from a call from the application.
3) Outputs the photo taken to the device and also sent to central server to upload image
4) Photos displayed in app when retrieved from sever need to be exact to the quality when taken on the phone.
5) Camera module needs to includes filters and cropping functionality that produces photos in the correct format for the application.
6) Camera should be very similar to Poshmark's camera module.
The system is comprised of 3 major active components:
1) The phone application
2) The central server (CS) that communicates with the phones
3) An administration portal that allows management and configuration (this done through Magento)
The app interacts with a Linux server running Java and sends/receives data from the server.
We will supply the source code of the Android app which can be used to see api's used for certain operations.
Here is a description of those operations:
The Phone Application has both a user interface and a component that runs as a background service. The background service maintains communication with a central server. The App will maintain the following data:
1) Its own user configuration information (e.g. splash screen sponsor, addresses)
2) Sales/purchase data
Smart Phone App - User Interface
The User Interface registers the device to a particular user(e.g., customer)
The UI enables the user to manage buy and sell products
The UI enables the user to manage transactions and comment on products
Smart Phone App - Background Process
The background service runs continuously while the phone is powered on, and performs the following tasks:
1) It performs all direct communication with the CS, starting with the initial device registration
2) It transfers (uploads) product information gathered by the UI to the central service.
3) It updates local configuration information from the CS (at startup).
4) It receives inbox information
5) It polls for notifications/alerts
Confidentiality agreement required on bid acceptance.
Maximum initial milestone will be 50% of total bid. Nothing released until fully functioning beta version is provided for initial review. The fully functioning beta version will integrate with existing app by instantiating photo service when app calls it, performs all the photo manipulations mentioned above and successfully uploads these pictures to the Central Server.
Full payment will not be released until fully tested app is accepted. The photos that the photo service takes must deliver the photos to the central server and the photos that are returned to the application from the central server must be equal to quality taken from the photo service. If additional photo service needs integrate at the central server then this will be completed prior to full payment being released.
Deliverables must include commented source code.