We are a small non-profit organization who is in the final stages of a writing (and publishing) of our first book (it is an educational book, not a novel) and we have already done a lot of work.
Therefore, we are in a need for an experienced designer who has previously designed color books and prepared them for the press (Physical book self-published through CreateSpaces, an Amazon Company) in order to pick-up the work previously done and finish the book with us.
Things already completed:
- Content (except 1/3 of the first chapter)
- Book template (and look and feel is already defined)
- Design of 13 out of 14 chapters (done individually, so still require integration)
- Checklist of what needs to be designed for each chapter
What needs to be done?
- Content (text) of Chapter 1 needs to be designed in InDesign
- Figures and Tables for Chapter 1 need to be designed to match the design style of the book
- Design of inner cover pages, page with copyrights, page with dedication, page with contents, pages with preface, pages with foreword, pages with glossary and pages with the references (in InDesign)
- Integration of all InDesign files into one (full book)
- Book Cover needs to be redesigned according to printing company specifications
- Other smaller things (like corrections in InDesign, renumbering, updating page numbers in table of contents, etc...)
We wish to complete the book and have it ready for publishing at the end of this month (October 31, 2016).
A successful candidate needs to have:
- Great communication skills (in English)
- Exceptional skills with InDesign and Illustrator
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Flexible work time (our team is based in Europe so communication is typically happening around CET working hours)
- Consistent performance
- Great attention to details (to ensure all chapters look the same, all numberings are correct, etc.)
I can provide an example of the complete chapter on request to give you an idea of what we expect in terms of design (for easier management please use the Subject: "BOOK: Chapter Example for Freelancer YOUR NAME").
Due to the highly collaborative nature of the project, we might be able to revise the quote towards the completion, based on the professional services and attitude of yours.