Do you have expertise in the use of Delphi and OpenGL? Then this may be a project for you.
We are looking for 2 examples regarding the use of Delphi with OpenGL Vertex Arrays and, more importantly Vertex Buffer Objects. Each example must:
- upload a triangle mesh (we supply this) into a dynamic array.
- GL_POLYGON or GL_TRIANGLES must be used
- The demo exe must allow us to upload our own more complicated meshes that are based on the same file format.
- The contents of the array must be converted to Vertex Arrays for example 1 and a Vertex Buffer Object with OpenGL hint set for Dynamic use for example 2.
- In both examples the mesh must render to the screen and preferably perform some GPU intensive task.
- Both examples must include ample commenting within the code.
- The examples must also check that the graphics card on the machine running the example is capable of using either Vertex Arrays or Vertex Buffer Objects.
- Again, the code must be basic, self-explanatory and to the point. Showing off your in depth knowledge and unnecessary excessive use of pointers and such is not appreciated.
Bidders should have ample knowledge regarding the use of Delphi and OpenGL.
The triangle mesh file can be uploaded for development and testing. The mesh file is in the RAW format. Each line in the file contains a triangle with 3 XYZ points. The mesh has unified/normalized coordinates.