We have a working prototype of a word game but need a more professional design.
The game itself is pretty simple and is based on an existing game for Windows Mobile and iOS called "Snap Attack". (Please refer to the following link: [url removed, login to view])
The game is made up of 4 main screens:
1. Main Screen: this is the first screen the user sees when the app opens. In this screen, they should be able to start a new game, and navigate to the rankings screen and settings screen.
2. Game: The actual game screen, with a 7x7 board of tiles. There are 2 types of tiles. A 'normal' tile and a 'fixed' tile. The normal tiles are the ones that the user may drag and drop around the board while the fixed tiles always remain fixed in their initial position so their style should somehow reflect that. There is also a bar at the top that should display the total points as well as a countdown timer. Below the board, we have 7 tiles displayed (this view is called the rack). The goal of the game is for the user to use these 7 tiles and drag them around the board to make up words with them (so, these are the 'normal' tiles that get dragged around). And below the board, we have 2 buttons. One button shuffles these 7 tiles around the rack while the other button brings down all of the normal tiles that are in the board, back to the rack. Also below the board, we display a list of the words the user finds on the board (this is a list view).
3. Results: When the time is up, the user will be taken to this screen. Here, they will be able to see a summary of how well they played (total score, longest word, shortest word, word with most points) as well as a ranking of all of the other players they played against.
4. Rankings: The user should be able to get to this screen from the Main Screen. This screen should display statistics for the user (how much times they've played, the longest word they've found, the most points they've scored, etc) as well as the overall daily and weekly rankings of all of the users worldwide (the information we have for each user is: username, score, country and a flag representing that country).
Keep in mind:
- The name of the app is "Word Sprint". The Main Screen should have this somewhere. There isn't really a special logo, just the text "Word Sprint" arranged in a nice way. Also, this text should follow the same designs theme you chose for the app. Feel free to re-arrange this text to fit your design. Please refer to the original "Snap Attack" game to see an example.
- Please refer to the original game (link provided above) to have a better understanding of how the game works. If you don't have an iPhone or Windows Mobile device, please search "snap attack game" on youtube to see the game play.
- The game is geared towards adults so we would like it to have a more slick, elegant and professional look, so it shouldn't really have any elements that are too explosive in colors, childish, cartoonish, etc.
- Since the app will be available in other languages, the final designs as well as the photoshop/illustrator files should allow all text elements to be edited.
- For clickable elements (eg. buttons) designs should be provided for the normal and selected states.
- We're looking for people with prior experience in app design, that are able to come up with an aesthetically pleasing design without much information to go on. As long as you know what you are doing, you will have complete freedom in choosing a color palette, overall app theme and we appreciate people taking initiative and re-arranging UI elements on the screen if you think it will result in a more appealing design.
Please only bid if you can provide a portfolio/screenshots of existing apps you have designed.
** NOTE: the included designs should ONLY be used as a reference. Please DO NOT use any of the existing color palette, themes, etc. **
** NOTE: Please let us know if you need more