Este proyecto recibió 30 ofertas de freelancers talentosos con una oferta promedio de £280 GBP.Obtén cotizaciones gratis para un proyecto como este
Presupuesto de Proyecto£250 - £750 GBP
Descripción del Proyecto
Project Title: Essay 1: Exhibition Analysis
Module: History, Theory and Context 2
Level: HE2/NQF level 5
Essay Title: "Compare at least two different exhibitions or site-specific works you have visited. Draw theoretical or thematic connections between the works and discuss how they represent the underlying ideas or motivations of the artists/movements."
Total word count excluding bibliography & appendices: 2000 words
Lectures will be given by the tutor/s and visiting professional experts. Seminars will draw on a range of visual, textual and cinematic sources, with set reading and discussion which allow students to present and discuss issues or assignments. Students will engage in directed and independent reading and research. Tutorials will provide group and individual help and feedback. Students will be expected to find and engage with additional educational opportunities within the University, or Department, or elsewhere (museums, galleries, online resources etc.), as appropriate to their needs.
Project Aims and Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the module students should be able to:
1. recognise and employ an appropriate conceptual framework and vocabulary in relation to contemporary art debates and critical theory and relate contemporary art practices to wider socio-political issues and art theory
2. critically reflect upon key artists, movements and media in contemporary visual culture and appreciate and critique theoretical understandings of artistic practices;
3. demonstrate an understanding of main research methods and apply them appropriately.
4. present a well-structured, clear proposal for a chosen area of research showing a critical awareness of how their own visual art practice relates to, and is supported by, their research
Assessment criteria (linked to Module Learning Outcomes):
The essay submitted will contribute 50% of the submission for the module History, Theory and Context 2. It will address LO 1 & 2 by documenting direct encounters with works of art, reflecting upon them in a critical manner and by connecting exhibition material to wider theoretical discourses. LO 3 will be demonstrated by the integration of subjective responses into a theoretical argument. LO 4 will be addressed in Essay 2. The overall essay mark will consist of:
Likely reference material to be used:
Berger, John (1972) Ways of Seeing. Harmondsworth: Penguin
Emerling, Jae (2005) Theory for Art History. New York: Routledge.
Fineberg, Jonathan (2000) Art Since 1940: Strategies of Being. 2nd ed. London: Laurence King.
Foster, Hal et al (2004) Art Since 1900: Modernism, Antimodernism and Postmodernism. London: Thames & Hudson.
Nelson, R. & Shiff, R. (2003) Critical Terms for Art History. 2nd Edn. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Stiles, K. & Selz, P. (1996) Theories and Documents of Contemporary Art. Berkeley: University of California Press.
Buscando hacer algo de dinero?
- Establece tu presupuesto y período de tiempo
- Describe tu propuesta
- Consigue pago por tu trabajo
Contrata Freelancers que también oferten en este proyecto
Trabaja en proyectos como este y haz dinero desde casa!Inscríbete Ahora
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online